Email marketing is a great tool for small businesses to connect with their audience. You can build relationships with existing or potential customers by quickly sharing updates and sales. It can also be extremely cost-effective, making it an important marketing channel in terms of ROI. So how can you launch effective email campaigns? We’ve broken it down here with five simple tips.
Use an Easy Mail Program
- If you are brand new to the world of email marketing, you need a user friendly and affordable email marketing software. For a successful marketing campaign, it is important to be able to easily add/adjust your mailing lists and customize the look. There are many programs out there today that claim to be this, but we personally recommend MailerLite with its clean design, 24/7 customer support, and good price point.
Know Your Audience
- You may think you know your audience, but it is always recommended that you do as much research as possible so you can adjust the formality and tone of your copy to fit what is going to relate most to your specific audience.
Write Captivating Subject Lines
- Subject lines will make or break the success of your email marketing. According to HubSpot, 35% of recipients open emails based on the subject line alone. Subject lines should be clear, concise, and reflective of your brand’s personality. If possible, create a sense of urgency in your subject line, but avoid being too spammy so your email doesn’t get sent to junk folders.
Post at an Optimal Time
- Once you’ve nailed down your target demographic, do some research on when they are most actively checking their phones.
- This article from Review42 is a great resource for some of these
- Fortunately, email programs like MailerLite have scheduling options that allow you to craft your email in advance and schedule it to go out at the best time for your audience, resulting in higher open rates for you!
Invest Time in Writing Good Copy
- Error free copy is not always “good” Providing quality and engaging content will While good copy should be error free, what’s more important is relatability. You can achieve this by providing quality and engaging content to your mailing list. This will look a bit different for every business, but it goes back to knowing your audience. It might take a few tries to understand what your audience responds to best but make an honest effort.
With these tips, you can leverage email marketing to increase your small business’s brand awareness and increase customer relationships. Try out MailerLite today to see how you can have fun with your campaigns and let them be a guide to your buyer’s journey. With a 14-day free trial and 24/7 customer support, they will be sure to set you up for success.
Short on time? Let us set up your first email for you.